Our newest JRINK: Stateside Superfood
Posted: Oct 02 2015
These days, it seems like everything is the new kale. But before kale, there was broccoli, and the much ignored broccoli leaf, or "Broccoleaf" as it's now called. These calcium-filled, nutrient-rich greens are the star of our latest JRINK Stateside Superfood.
But why is Broccoleaf considered a "superfood" (an extra healthy nutrient-rich ingredient)?
Just 100 grams of the stuff (between 1-2 leaves) contains 100% of your daily calcium intake.
It's an excellent source of Vitamin K which is an important ingredient for blood health.
Broccoleaf has 60% of your daily recommended Vitamin A intake, which is key for skin, teeth, soft tissue, and skeletal health. It's also great for your vision, as it produces pigments for your retina.
Folate is an essential vitamin in decreasing risk of various cancers, cardiovascular disease, and degenerative mental disorders, among other health benefits. Broccoleaf is a very good source of folate.
If you're concerned about high blood pressure, heart disease, digestive disorders, and a host of other conditions potassium should be high on your list of vitamins to take. Luckily, Broccoleaf contains 10% of your daily intake of potassium.
Refreshing, tangy, and just a bit sweet, Stateside Superfood also boasts a host of other super-healthy ingredients including:
- Wheatgrass (it's got every mineral on the planet and excellent for your blood. More on the grass HERE)
- Coconut Cream + Coconut Water (excellent re-hydrator and even more potassium)
- Vanilla Bean (lots of antioxidants here)
- Cucumber (Vitamin K, calcium and copper--which helps support your neurotransmitters, the chemicals your brain requires to communicate at a cellular level)
- Pear (high fiber content and plenty of other Vitamins)
- Lime (heaps of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and antibacterial properties)
Come get a Stateside in stores, and find it in our new ENERGY Collection
*Broccoleaf photos courtesy of Foxy (an organic farm where we source our broccoleaf) + iStock