The weekend is finally here, y’all! While we’re not in the habit of boozing up our JRINKs, some, uh, preliminary testing has shown the cocktail potential of our juice. Behold, our favorite boozy JRINK combos for detoxing while you retox.
1. Sweeten Me Up + Vodka When was the last time your evening drank gave you a hit of vitamins A+C, calcium, and bromelain (anti-inflammatory enzymes)? Sweeten Me Up’s got all those properties and more, and when mixed with a shot of vodka, it makes for a refreshing, light, and tropical cocktail with a hint of cooling mint. Perfect boozy fuel for those humid District evenings.
2. Clean Me Up 1 + Tequila or Mezcal With the spicy, citrusy flavors of lemon, agave, and cayenne pepper, Clean Me Up 1 pairs really well with the bracing flavor of Tequila or smoky Mezcal. Retox your detox with this liquored up cleanser, which will give you beach vibes from Tulum while kickstarting your metabolism and providing immune support.
3. Wake Me Up + Sparkling Wine After adding Wake Me Up to bubbly, Mimosas will seem blah without carrot, grapefruit, and ginger in the mix. This filling morning bev will kick you out of your sleepy haze with masses of Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and spicy, tangy ginger. Prosecco’s our bubbly of choice with this one, for the ultimate morning glory.
4. Clean Me Up 2 + Whiskey/Bourbon This zingy JRINK goes particularly well with brown booze of all kinds. Served extra cold, atop a healthy amount of ice cubes, our immunity boosting anti-viral secret weapon balances out a biting whiskey or bourbon with its apple, lemon, ginger, and turmeric juices. Without the alcohol, we like this in the morning or as a mid-day pick me up, but liquored up it’s the perfect after-dinner cocktail, which will detoxify you while you drink.
5. Fuel Me Up 1 + Gin There’s no reason veggies can’t join the party—especially when they reduce body acidity, give you tons of folic acid, Iron and vitamins, and detoxify while boosting energy. Light, smooth flavors of kale, romaine, pear, cucumber and a hit of lemon make Fuel Me Up 1 the perfect partner for gin. Sure, we don’t make a habit of imbibing with our green juice, but this combo keeps our digestion in check while having some fun.